The Night before Light Night! Friday 18 May 2012
It is the night before Light Night and we are getting very excited. We’re busy making plans for the city’s annual arts and culture festival, ARE YOU??? We’d love you to join us. So pick up your yellow Night Light book and get your walking shoes on!
Light Night is a springtime celebration of arts & culture in Liverpool and the night when all of our museums, galleries and heritage sites open their doors late and we’ll see over 70 free events, with something for everyone.
Andrea has made this wonderful plan and John and I are going to help her make it work. If you want to help or even just watch it happen we’d love to see you at some point. You could join us for the whole evening or just pop round for a short time.
We will be trying to do cram tooooooooooooo much in but what fun pegging it round Liverpool to try and cram in as much as possible. Andrea’s agenda is listed below and the venues we’ll be visiting and the time we hope to be there. If you see us, please come and say hello! We can’t wait to meet you.
We’ll be tweeting events as we go from our @CultureChamps account, so give us a follow. And let us know what you’re up to as the night goes on.
So here’s the plan
- 5.30pm Choral evensong @Anglican cathedral
- 6.30pm Making art @Arena Studio & Gallery, The Factory, Elevator Building, Parliament Street
- 7pm Re-live the 90s @Adult Youth Club, The Camp & Furnace, Greenland Street
- 8pm Polaroid Pop-up gallery @ Open Eye Gallery, Mann Island
- 9pm Candle Lit labyrinth and Inside Out light show @Metropolitan cathedral
- 10pm Late Night Ceildh @ St George’s Hall
- 11pm Go & sit down in a pub! Everything after this is subject to us still being standing.
- 12 midnight Screenadelica Gig Poster Exhibition @Academy of Arts, Seel Street
- 12.30 LightNight After Party including the Kazimier Krunk Band @ Academy of Arts, (Seel St) Access via Wolstenholme Square
Of course, you don’t have to join us. Go to the Light Night website and plan your own evening. They’ve got suggested routes no matter what you fancy – an evening with the family, seeing stuff, doing stuff, visiting our gorgeous buildings…there’s an absolute mountain of things going on.
For travel, including the free hop-on/hop-off Light Night bus check out Merseytravel’s website.